We want you to know all your options and our job is to provide you knowledge and information regarding treatment options that are offered by Dr. Marc Pana.Let’s talk about Invisalign, myths, what you need to know about Invisalign treatment, and how treatment works!
MYTH: Invisalign treatment doesn’t work/you won’t get the same results as braces. FACT: Invisalign can provide the same results as traditional braces. As long as you are diligent about wearing your aligners as instructed, your treatment should go according to plan. Not all orthodontists are comfortable with using Invisalign, so they may or may not recommend it for your treatment.
MYTH: Invisalign is more expensive.
FACT:In most dental offices, treatment cost can get pricey for Invisalign compared to traditional braces. We want this to be a budget-friendly and great experience for you. Whether you choose traditional braces or Invisalign, the treatment cost is fairly similar so that you can choose the option that fits your lifestyle best.
MYTH: Invisalign takes longer than traditional braces.
FACT:Invisalign treatment time is, in most instances, comparable to treatment time in traditional braces. As long as you’re wearing your aligners as instructed, 22 hours a day and only taking them out when eating and brushing your teeth, you should complete treatment in the estimated time your doctor has discussed with you.
MYTH: Invisalign is only for adults.
FACT:Invisalign treatment is for adults and teens. Teen Invisalign has blue indicators
to make sure our teens are wearing their aligners. Surprisingly, teens are more often our best patients! If your child is involved in extracurricular activities such as band or sports, often teen Invisalign is a great option for them since they won’t interfere with their activities.
What You Need To Know:
- Marc Pana will do a 3D intra-oral scan and submit your case to Invisalign.
- They will receive your aligners within 2 weeks.
- You will wear each tray for 2 weeks for a minimum of 22 hours a day.
- Remove your trays only to eat and brush your teeth (and if you are drinking
anything colored or sugary)
- You will have attachments on certain teeth to create tension on your trays and assist in rotating and aligning your teeth.
- No food or hygiene restrictions! YAY!
- No emergency, pokey wire, or broken bracket visits.
- If you misplace a tray give us a call and we will guide you on the next steps.
Depending on how your teeth are moving with the Invisalign trays, at some
point during treatment, you may need to have a refinement. This means we will take a new 3D scan and get more Invisalign trays made for the duration of your treatment. This is done to ensure that we achieve the best possible result for you.